Thank you for being a frequent applicant and for your patience during the OneStopPGH rollout.
On Monday, June 17th, when the OneStopPGH when the online application portal launches, you will be able to create a User Profile, which will allow you to initiate applications, pay fees, and upload your attachments online. Videos will be available at OneStopPGH to assist with frequently asked questions to this process.
All development review activities will require a Zoning and Development Review Application, which may be submitted through the OneStopPGH online portal. Other applications that can be submitted online are the Pre-Application Meeting Request, Property Certification (formerly the Zoning Certification), and Lot Consolidation/Subdivision, and Historic Nomination. After an application that is filed online is reviewed, the applicant will be notified via email through the online permitting system.
Most applications filed online require a $50 filing fee, paid via credit card or e-check. Please note a service charge will apply. Hard copy applications may still be mailed in to Dept. of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections, 200 Ross St, Suite 320, Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
The public portion of the online portal will also be live on June 17th, providing information to the public that an application was filed.
A reminder on some of the new processes:
· All Payments only will be taken at the OneStopPGH portal, OneStopPGH counter, or by mail at Dept. of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections, 200 Ross St, Suite 320, Pittsburgh, PA 15219. All payments must reference the record number.
· All development review (including signs) will use one zoning application, a Zoning Development Review Application. If a project requires additional approvals, such as an Administrator Exception or Zoning Board of Adjustment review, we’ll include that in the project review, and schedule postings, meetings, etc. with you as needed. They will not require separate applications. Pre-application Requests, Subdivision/Consolidation, Historic Nominations, and Master Plan/Zone Change applications will continue to use separate applications.
· The Basic Zoning Review fee of $50 will still be required with every application. Additional fees may be incurred for projects with additional reviews, public hearings, postings, etc. For Subdivisions and Consolidations (Plans of Lots) and Property Certifications, the entire fee will be due with the application.
· All Zoning Site Plans must include a stamp from a licensed professional with two exceptions — fences and residential HVAC.
· Updates to the website are coming!
· Pre-application Request Form will be required for:
· $100,000 cost for Exterior Renovations on Commercial Building Permits
· Any new commercial structure or additions of 5,000 square feet or greater
· Any application with more than 20 parking spaces
· Any Master Plan/Rezoning Application
· Any Historic Nomination
· Any Zoning Protest Appeal
· Any Advertising Sign Application
We look forward to continuing to serve our customers and applicants, and with OneStopPGH we will become more efficient and accessible. Thank you in advance for your patience during implementation.
The creation and implementation of OneStopPGH has been a multi-year, multi-department collaboration, including the Office of Management and Budget, The Department of Innovation and Performance, The Department of Permits, Licenses, and Inspections, The Department of Mobility of Infrastructure, The Bureau of Fire, and City Planning – Zoning Division. Our goal has always been to better serve our residents and customers by increasing convenience and improving the customer experience through the modernization of our systems.